My French women diet, or my Mediterranean diet has encouraged me to make up recipes and experiment with food more, which has led to this super simple recipe for grilled chicken and avo salsa, it was so packed with flavour I’m going to try my best to remember what I did and share it with you. Cooking time is roughly twenty minutes – most of that spent chopping so this is great for a lazy week night meal.
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Tomatoes (I recommend experimenting with tomatoes…those boring old flavourless big salad tomatoes are outstripped on flavour and juiciness by almost all their tomato cousins)
- 1 small cucumber (or half a large one)
- 1 small onion
- Crumbly feta
- 1 packet of skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh parsley, a clove of garlic, salt & pepper, barbecue spice, olive oil, fresh lemon juice
- Season the chicken breasts with the parsley, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper, lemon juice and barbecue spice. Place in an oven proof dish and grill until lightly golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the avo, tomatoes, cucumber, and onion and mix together in a large bowl
- Place the baby spinach leaves on a plate
- Put the chicken on top of the leaves and cover with the salsa mixture
- Sprinkle some crumbly feta on top
- Serve and enjoy!
*I can literally feel myself getting healthier and skinnier by just planning on making this meal again!