Tonight I’m off to a dinner party with two of my foodie friends and I’m bringing the starter… I always try to think of something new and different with these gals so I turned to my mum’s trusty recipe files and books and took a look to see what I had in the fridge…
- 9 Eggs
- 1 large Avocado
- Parsley (For Garnish)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Boil the eggs until the yolks are hard
- Peel the shells from the eggs under some cold water to cool the eggs
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the egg yolks/yellows and place in a blender / hand mixer.
- Place the halved egg whites on a plate and set aside to continue cooling
- Cut the avo and add to the blender with the egg yellows, add salt and pepper, olive oil and garlic and blend until nice and smooth. (I bought this delicious avo and garlic oil from woolies that I also threw in for good measure).
- Place the avo/yolk mix into a piping bag, using the star attachment pipe the mixture into the holes where the egg yolks were in the white halves on the plate. Garnish with parsley and serve!
I had loads of the avo/yolk mixture left over so put this into a bowl in the middle and we ate it with Salticrax biscuits – delicious!